Your students rely on your knowledge and expertise to support them in their pursuit of professional success. This can include helping them map out their short- and long-term goals and picking a certification that aligns with these objectives. As APRN faculty, it is important that you continue to seek knowledge while equipping yourself with the right tools and resources to effectively advise the next generation of APRNs. From conferences and the Internet to the library, seminars, and webinars, there are abundant resources to help you guide your students.
The APRN Faculty Toolkit is a great example. It includes valuable material to:
- Help your students APPLY for APRN certification by explaining the steps they should take. This section includes eligibility criteria for each student’s application.
- Help your students PREPARE for their certification exam. The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) offers APRN certifications in four nurse practitioner and one clinical nurse specialist roles. Each is broken down by eligibility criteria, online application, and exam prep resources such as sample questions, test references, and content outlines.
- Help your students learn how to RENEW their ANCC APRN Certification. Renewal happens every five years and signifies a commitment to lifelong learning. Keep your students informed about our renewal requirements, which reflect some of their daily responsibilities that can now be applied to maintaining your certification.
- Help you VERIFY which of your former students is ANCC certified. You can now log onto the ANCC portal and check your students’ certifications free of charge.
- Help you find opportunities to VOLUNTEER and make a difference while earning professional development credit toward your own certification renewal.
Help your students become more successful in their professional careers by nurturing their academic success and career decision-making.