Brands That Love Nurses: Gratitude & Support for Front-Line Heroes
By: American Nurses Association
Happy Year of the Nurse!
We extend our utmost support and appreciation for everything you do, nurses, and everything nursing as a profession stands for. This year, and every year, we are grateful.
At the ANA Enterprise, our life’s work is to support your life’s work. We are dedicated to upholding the nursing profession and the needs of nurses who are on the front lines during this global pandemic. ANA has teamed up with companies that are as grateful for nurses as we are. Nurses are known for their caring, generosity, and kindness, and now we – along with these trusted brands – want to extend support and gratitude to nurses everywhere.
For details on how to take advantage of the great offers listed below, visit our new marketplace, RNPerks.org, a site just for nurses that features giveaways, discounts, and other deals.
- American Nurses Association:
- ANA is giving away free COVID-19 self-care packages, including 5 free online courses related to self-care, handpicked for nurses during these difficult times.
- Don’t forget to sign up for the free National Nurses Month webinar. It’s all about the power of nurse stories, and how your narratives – particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic – will shape history.
- Coronavirus Response Fund: In partnership with the American Nurses Foundation, brands like Johnson & Johnson, Tylenol, Neutrogena, and Aveeno created a Coronavirus Response Fund for Nurses to enable the public to support and thank nurses. The national fund will address the emerging needs of nurses, providing everything from financial assistance to support for mental health – today and in the future.
- Tropical Smoothie: Tropical Smoothie Café is giving away 100,000 free smoothies so nurses can stay healthy and nourished before and after those long shifts.
- Starbucks: The popular pre-shift coffee pitstop is now offering free coffee for front-line nurses.
- Airbnb: Airbnb and its hosts are helping to provide free places to stay for nurses on the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis, including those who need a convenient and clean place to live while serving or self-isolating. Through this program, nurses can book both free and reduced-rate stays in major US cities. Airbnb is waiving all fees for these bookings and will not profit from these stays.
- FirstNet: FirstNet is the nationwide wireless communications network designed for first responders. It is offering three free months of service on smartphones or tablets through a special plan just for our brave EMTs, fire, police, and other rescue personnel.
- Hilton & American Express: These iconic companies have teamed to donate up to 1 million hotel room nights across the United States to front-line medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19.
- eBodyGuard: eBodyGuard is supporting front-line nurses with a FREE personal safety and wellness app. During this difficult time of COVID-19, nurses, emergency services, and all health care providers are overburdened. Shifts are longer and can go well into the night, often taking nurses into dimly lit and unattended parking lots. The eBodyGuard app has voice-activated 911 technology, which immediately routes your call to the nearest dispatch center, and a GPS locator, which tracks your movements within an accuracy of 12 feet for first responders. An immediate text will be sent to your selected emergency contacts, as well. Audio recording will also activate, providing court-admissible evidence of what’s happening around you. Visit eBodyGuard.org to download the app.
Thank you to all these brands for their generosity and support of nurses during this difficult time!